Android devices always come with the google play store app preinstalled, and it always update frequently. But in the case that you accidently deleted it or maybe the app doesn’t update and you need to download the app or the update, you can download an APK from a different source and the result will be the same.
An APK file is simply an app created for Android’s operation system for distribution and installation of the mobile apps that usually come in these devices.
But before you download an APK from another source that isn’t the google play store, you need to make sure that the file you download is safe, in this way you will avoid any kind of damage to your device.
So for this reason in this article we will tell you every step you need to do to download the google play store APK in a safe, easy and successful way.
Risks of download an APK from an unknown source
Before you download the google play store APK, you need to know that there are some risks you need to keep in mind.
For this reason, we will make a list of those risks and in this way you will have them in count before downloading an APK from a different source than the google play store.
- There is a lot of sites to download APK that aren’t the google play store, but some of them are not safe and can damage your device.
- Some of the sites that you have to download an APK might give you the option to download apps that are stolen or pirated, and this can get you in a legal problem.
- Someone can change the app permissions with the purpose of stealing information from your device, so for this reason it’s very important that you check the apps permission before you download anything.
Anyway, this doesn’t mean that by downloading an APK from a different source than the google play store is a bad idea, you just need to make a research before about this kind of sites and find a safe site.
So if you are wondering what site you can use to download the google play store, we highly recommend you APKMirror.com, because the side is a good source for downloading apps, in fact, is one of the best you will be able to find, and it’s actually super safe.
Step One: Enable Unknown Sources
To be able to install an app on your device from a source different than the google play store, the first thing you need to do is to enable the “Unknown Sources” option.
To do this you have to go to the settings apps and tab the option “Security”, and once you’re there you have to select the option that says “Unknown Sources”, this option will allow you to download apps from different sources than the google play store.
This option is essential if what you need to do is to download the google play store app, so once you download it you can disable this option again and download other apps from the play store.
Step Two: Download the google play store APK
Now you have to use your browser to go to the site of your preference and download the APK for the latest version of the google play store.
When you tab the download option, your phone might give you a warning like “this type of file can harm your device”, but if you made a research before downloading this file, you don’t have to worry about that warning.
In fact, you should ignore it and just tap OK.
Step Three: Tap the APK file
While the APK is being downloaded, it will appear in the notifications menu where you will be able to see when the download it’s over.
Once the download it’s over, you need to tap the file, probably you will be able to see the permissions the google play store will require, so you need to check them and find out if everything is good.
Step Four: Install the google play store APK
Once you are 100% sure that everything is okay, you have to tap “Install”, and in that way the app will be successfully installed.
But in the case you have a problem installing the app, the reason is probably because you need the google play services app, so you need to do follow all the steps we explain above but to download the google play services app.
After you do that, you will not have any problem installing the google play store app.
Step Five: Open google play store
When the installing process is over, you will have the notification that the app is successfully installed. When that happens, you will be able to access to the app that you will find in your home screen or in your app drawer. You can install the google play store pro version.
How to install google play store using a PC?
If you don’t have data or Wi-Fi connection but you need to install the google play store APK, you don’t have to worry about that because it is possible to download the google play store using your computer and then transfer the APK to your phone.
It’s actually almost the same process we explained above, but this is really helpful for people who has problems to install the APK from their phone.
- The first thing you need to do is enable the “Unknown Source” that you will be able to find if you open the Settings and then the Security menu.
- Now using the browser of your computer you have to go to the site you choose to download the APK, search the google play store, and then download the APK for the latest version of the app.
- Once you have done that, you have to connect your phone to the computer with an USB cable.
- Now that your device is connected, you have to copy the APK to your android device.
- And finally, you have to launch the APK, accept the permissions the google play store app will require, and if everything’s okay you have to tap install.